Tableau Desktop I
Course Length: 2 days
By the end of this training, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the many options for connecting to data
- Understand the Tableau interface / paradigm – components, shelves, data elements, and terminology
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations
- Represent your data using the following visualization types: Geographic Map, Page Trails, Heat Map, Density Chart, Scatter Plots, Pie Chart and Bar Charts, Small Multiples, Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types, Options for drill down and drill across
- Use Trend Lines, Reference Lines and statistical techniques to describe your data
- Understand how to use group, bin, hierarchy, sort, set and filter options effectively
- Work with the many formatting options to fine tune the presentation of your visualizations
- Understand how and when to Use Measure Name and Measure Value
- Understand how to deal with data changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name change
- Understand all of your options for sharing your visualizations with others
- Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web
This Tableau Fundamentals training is designed for the beginner-level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background.
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Viewing distributions
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available
This Course Comes With
Take the manual anywhere and save the environment with an electronic copy of your training manual for use on any of your computers or devices
Delivered by One of Our Trusted Partners
This course does not currently have any public classes scheduled. To inquire about the next class or arrange a private class please use the form below.
Online registration closes two business days before the start of the class.
Do you have questions about this course? Would you like a class sooner or on a different date? Are you interested in scheduling a private group class? Please submit the simple form below and we will respond promptly.
Private Training for GroupsIf you are training 8+ people, a private training session may be more cost-effective. Click to contact us today and learn more.