SharePoint 2016: Site Owner
Course Length: 1 day
By the end of this training, you’ll be able to:
- Create a SharePoint team site and perform basic content management tasks on a single SharePoint site.
- Create and configure new sites.
- Add and configure document libraries.
- Add and configure lists.
- Create custom lists and forms.
- Assign permissions and access rights.
- Extend SharePoint functionality with web parts.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site users who need to create and manage a SharePoint team site.
To ensure your success in this course, you will need basic SharePoint site user skills such as the ability to access and use lists, libraries, and documents on a typical SharePoint team site. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the “Microsoft SharePoint 2016: Site User” course.
Microsoft SharePoint 2016 is a platform designed to facilitate collaboration and allow people to use familiar applications and web-based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. As such, SharePoint has many distinct features that must be enabled and configured, and many content structures that can be selected, added, and configured.
SharePoint content structures and configuration options are complex. Site owners must understand which features, options, and content structures are available in SharePoint, and how to properly configure them. With SharePoint sites, features, and content structures properly implemented, users will be able to securely share files, collaborate on documents, and access information they need to work with their colleagues more effectively.
Section 1: Creating and Configuring a New Site
- Create a New Site
- Configure the Look and Feel of Your Site
- Configure a Document Library
- Configure Document Versioning and Check Out
- Configure a Content Approval Process
- Add and Configure an Announcements List
- Add and Configure a Tasks List
- Create, Configure, and Integrate Contacts and Calendars
- Create and Configure Custom Lists
- Create Custom List Forms
- Share Sites and Set Site Permissions
- Secure Lists, Libraries, and Documents
- Add and Configure Included Web Parts
- Add and Configure External Web Parts
This Course Comes With
Take the manual anywhere and save the environment with an electronic copy of your training manual for use on any of your computers or devices
Delivered by One of Our Trusted Partners
SharePoint 2016: Site Owner
Online registration closes two business days before the start of the class.
Do you have questions about this course? Would you like a class sooner or on a different date? Are you interested in scheduling a private group class? Please submit the simple form below and we will respond promptly.
Private Training for GroupsIf you are training 8+ people, a private training session may be more cost-effective. Click to contact us today and learn more.