Live in-person instructors Always guaranteed to run Customizable objectives
Professional Leadership Skills TrainingAt The Great Canadian Training & Consulting Company, our Leadership Skills training classes come as a variety of 1-day courses. These classes will provide you with an understanding of the impact that your leadership skills have on other people. They help you motivate and coach others, and build strong working relationships.
Click on a course below to learn more.
Be a Leader, Not a Boss - Managing in the Modern Workplace
- If you are a new manager or a manager building on your skills and leadership capabilities, then this is the course for you. This course will give you the skills, tools, and mindset to balance growing teams, tasks, and priorities. Learn some ways to deal with the challenges that come with the role you play in your organization’s accomplishments.
- Clarify the scope and nature of management
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role
- Recognize the responsibilities you have to yourself, your team, and your organization
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively
- Understand leadership, team building, communication, giving feedback, and motivation
- Leadership - Set the tone
- Effective - Balance tasks, teams, yourself
- Achieve - Team purpose & goals
- Develop - Growth, motivate
Building & Leading Great Teams
- This course is for leaders and managers who want to develop their team leadership skills and unleash their team members’ talents.
- If you’d like to build successful and collaborative teams, this is the course for you. Build a high-functioning team that will achieve its goals and work well together.
- Identify team social styles and motivators
- Build teamwork skills and collaboration
- Promote trust and rapport by cultivating team building activities
- Enhance your team’s capabilities towards achieving objectives
- Develop strategies for facilitating team dynamics
Change and How to Deal With It
Change and How to Deal With It
Designed for: You are an employee, a team or are leading a team dealing with change. This course will inspire and give the tools for participants to confidently deal with change and help them turn feelings of resistance into resilience. For some, change is hard to adjust to and can lead to expressions of resistance and anxiety. Change can also be something that excites people who love opportunities for growth. Participants will better understand their pivotal role in the organization and find their own sense of purpose through the change process.
- Understand why and how we are affected by change
- Build awareness of assumptions and beliefs
- Challenge limiting self-talk and change the ‘script’
- Recognize how to build on our own opportunities and wins when dealing with change
- Identify strategies for helping change be accepted and implemented in the workplace
Conflict Be Gone!
Navigating Difficult Conversations
Navigating Difficult Conversations
- Everyone in the workplace who interacts in any way with others will have to deal with conflicts at some time.
- All employees and leaders must cope with this challenge, and all will benefit from learning and applying the strategies in this course.
- Demonstrate a confident approach to difficult conversations, balancing emotions and rationale.
- Understand emotional triggers and how they affect behaviours.
- Demonstrate skill in the way you communicate.
- Apply techniques that lead to collaboration and build trust.
Delegation: The Art of Delegating Effectively
- This class is for all supervisors and managers who would like to master the challenging skill of properly delegating tasks and responsibilities. If you want to reduce your workload and develop employee skills, then this is the course for you. It will also help you tremendously if you want to prepare employees who work for you to handle your responsibilities, allowing you to advance to other career opportunities within your organization
- Clearly identify how delegation fits into your job and how it can make you more successful
- Identify different ways of delegating tasks
- Use a four-step process for effective delegation
- Give better instructions for better delegation results
- Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Monitor delegation results
- Give effective feedback
Do Business Right with Great Social Skills and Business Etiquette
- Participants wanting to improve interactions within their organization and with clients. Doing business right means using your best social and etiquette skills - skills which are considered essential for workplace success.
- Practice and understand business etiquette skills
- Create and maintain first impressions
- Communicate and build rapport with small talk
- Lead by example
- Business networking skills
Emotional Intelligence - The Path to Professional Success
- This class is for everyone who wants to gain personal and professional success. If you are in a leadership position, you can benefit from this course as it will help you understand and manage different emotions. If you are an employee, you can improve your success in life by learning the valuable techniques in this class in order to better connect with your colleagues and clients.
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding you back
- Develop skills to ask questions
- Learn what non-verbal messages are telling others
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
- Enhance your ability to handle difficult situations
- Deal with situations persuasively
Great Leadership Conversations Means Feedback
Designed for: You are a leader or manager who wants to unlock the true value of effective feedback by creating more trust, connection, and drive. Effective feedback conversations that are focused on growth and not on judgement will have that effect. When it comes to creating a better company culture, a stronger sense of purpose, and personal and professional improvement for your teams, feedback plays a crucial role.
- Understand why feedback is essential
- Learn effective communication skills that encourage safety, trust, and connectivity
- Learn and practice in a safe environment the key behaviours needed to deliver meaningful feedback in a manner that preserves relationships
- Understand formal and informal feedback and coaching
- Use positive recognition feedback and constructive feedback confidently
- Apply a feedback framework to guide conversations
Inspire and Deliver Great Presentations
- Presenting ideas effectively, influencing, and inspiring others to take action are essential skills now needed by every employee or leader in your organization. This is the course to help you become a more compelling and confident presenter and deliver with clarity.
- Feel motivated and clear on what and how to present
- Develop methods to help feel calm and confident
- Set the tone with purpose, intention, and engagement
- Use influencing skills to inspire action
- Use communication skills that support the delivery
- Manage challenging questions and dynamics
- Use body language, voice and facial expressions that are bigger than your slides
- Use Hollywood tips - acting techniques to build your presence and move others
Lights, Camera, Action - Mastering the Art of Virtual Facilitation
- Facilitators starting out, as well as those experienced facilitators that want to improve their skill and techniques to lead engaging and interactive virtual sessions.
- Understand the core competencies to guide the facilitation experience virtually.
- Explore managing emotions and expectations for a successful session.
- Use the tools to bring out the best in a virtual facilitator.
- Feel confident and prepared.
Mastering the Art of Facilitation
- Managers leading meetings, instructors, and trainers wanting to improve interaction, engagement and influence the outcome in meetings and presentations
- Identify the importance of setting the tone and outcome
- Understand the core competencies to guide the facilitation experience
- Explore managing emotions and expectations for a successful session
- Use tools to bring out the best in your facilitation
- Use a three-step model to feel confident and prepared
Performance Reviews Done Well
- This class is for managers and organizations looking to create a calibrated performance review process that includes providing feedback, goal setting and expectations for their employees. Performance reviews are an essential part of employee development and can be stressful for all involved.
- If your desire is to help your employees set goals and objectives, this course is for you. Gain the ability to provide help for career planning and for meeting company objectives, all while maintaining a willing and supportive atmosphere.
- Recognize the importance of having a performance review process for employees.
- Understand how to work with employees to set performance standards and goals.
- Develop skills in observing, giving feedback, listening, and asking questions.
- Identify an effective interview process and have the opportunity to practice the process in a supportive atmosphere.
Take 2 - Taking Virtual Facilitation to the Next Level
- You are a facilitator and pivoted to a virtual environment. You have the basics down in online meetings or presentations, but you know it can be better. Virtual isn’t the same as live - don’t try to recreate that. This is your time to practice the skills that create effective, collaborative and engaging sessions in a virtual setting that results in clear actions for the participants. Let’s go to that next level virtually and as a facilitator: let’s take your skills from good to great in a few hours.
- Understand and explore the importance of preparation tools and mindset
- Discover ways to genuinely engage the audience
- Prepare all you want and be ready to improvise
- Bring virtual to life
- What’s the call to action and why it matters to all
Take the Stress Out with Great Time Management
- Time management is a crucial skill needed by every employee or leader in your organization. This is the course to help you become better organized, work at peak efficiency, and feel more in control.
- Learn the categories of time management and recognize where you need to improve.
- Better organize yourself and understand the behaviours you can change.
- Understand the importance of, and the most useful techniques for, setting and achieving goals.
- Identify the right things to be doing and develop plans for doing them.
- Learn what to delegate and how to delegate well.
- Take control of things that can derail your workplace productivity and learn how to recover from a crisis and get back on track.
Understanding and Developing Effective Communication Strategy Skills
- New and mid-level managers, instructors or trainers who want to explore communication skills strategies to influence others in a respectful manner, bring more clarity to their message and build a collaborative environment.
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding you back.
- Develop skills to ask questions.
- Learn what your non-verbal messages are telling others.
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others.
- Enhance your ability to handle difficult situations.
- Deal with situations assertively.
Combine topics from different courses into one class by creating your own Custom Outline
With our Professional Leadership Skills Training you can learn to...
- Work Efficiently
- Build strong business and team relationships
- Understand key management strategies
- Learn how to delegate effectively
- Work Effectively
- Understand key behaviours and attitudes
- Encourage your employees to learn and grow
- Improve your mentoring and coaching skills
- Work Brilliantly
- Provide effective performance reviews, with feedback that is practical and effective
- Provide effective motivation for high performing individuals and teams
- Organize and properly manage productive meetings
- And More!
Professional Leadership Skills Training That Gives You the EdgeSign up now for our Leadership Skills courses to help you:
- Master the ABC’s of supervising others
- Conduct effective performance reviews
- Manage Customer Service
- Learn the art of delegating effectively
- Understand behavioural interviewing techniques
- Hone your leadership skills for advancement potential
- Increase your mentoring and coaching skills
- Effectively motivate your workforce
- Manage employee performance
- Become an even more effective professional supervisor
- Develop better built, high performance teams
- And so much more…
Why You Need ItAt its core, leadership involves setting goals, lighting a path, and encouraging others to follow that path. Good leadership skills are essential in building and strengthening ongoing relationships at work. You need to harmonize the ambitions of many individuals with the needs of your organization.
Enhance your leadership skills dramatically by understanding some of the key concepts involved in making smart hiring choices, motivating your staff, evaluating performances, and learning the fine art of effectively delegating assignments.
- Have a hard time motivating your workforce?
- Struggling to manage employee performance?
- Wish you could do more to build a high performance team spirit?
Available With These Courses
Your course comes with the following
Printed ManualA printed and bound paper manual for use during your class and future reference
Order the following add-ons for your session
Custom ManualPurchase the customization option and receive a custom manual with objectives you’ve selected from our different courses
How You’ll LearnIn private classes, or in groups, you’ll learn from experienced, friendly facilitators who know how to make you feel comfortable in your learning environment.
Private group classes provide a more cost effective way to train multiple participants in the same organization with the training optimized to focus on the topics you specifically need.
These classes can be conveniently delivered right at your location, saving you the trouble of travelling offsite.
Why You Should Learn With Us!The Great Canadian Training & Consulting Company is patient and reliable. We offer private training and consulting services to address your leadership training needs. We’ve got the experience and the passion to help you learn at your own pace and convenience. We can help you customize your course with very little difficulty and with very competitive pricing.
Contact us today to book your worry-free Leadership Skills training. Working with us is easy!
Tailor or Customize Your CourseWe can also provide customized Leadership Skills training to suit your specific requirements. You can customize your courses and outlines, and have us write a custom manual for you. We can build a course especially suited to you. Let us know what you want and we’ll work with you to develop the courses you’d like.
- Share details about your training needs so we can tailor your class
- Discuss your needs with one of our training coordinators
- Select the objectives you would like to focus on
- Order custom manuals