Live in-person instructors Always guaranteed to run Customizable objectives
Professional Communication Skills TrainingAt The Great Canadian Training & Consulting Company our Communication Skills training classes come as a variety of 1-day courses. These classes will provide you with an understanding of the impact that your communication skills have on other people. They help you break down barriers and build relationships with clients and co-workers, and even how to deal with difficult people.
Click on a course below to learn more.
Understanding and Developing Effective Communication Strategy Skills
- New and Mid-Level managers, instructors or trainers who want to explore communication skills strategies to influence others in a respectful manner, bring more clarity to their message and build a collaborative environment.
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding them back.
- Develop skills to ask questions.
- Learn what their non-verbal messages are telling others.
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others.
- Enhance their ability to handle difficult situations.
- Deal with situations assertively.
Customer Service Done Well
Customer Service Done Well
- Customer service representatives, service focused professionals and for managers leading service teams seeking to deliver consistent service, communicate with confidence and provide great customer experience.
- Demonstrate a customer service approach and better understand the customer's journey.
- Understand behaviours and how they affect the behaviour of others.
- Demonstrate confidence and skill in the way they communicate.
- Apply techniques to deal with difficult interactions.
Gaining That Extra Edge
Gaining That Extra Edge
- Everyone in a business environment, leaders and employees alike
- Learn the ropes of effective networking.
- Dress appropriately for every business occasion.
- Feel comfortable when dining in business and formal situations.
- Feel more confident about your business communication in every situation.
- Develop that extra edge to establish trust and credibility.
Conflict Be Gone!
Navigating Difficult Conversations
Navigating Difficult Conversations
- Everyone in the workplace who interacts in any way with others will have to deal with conflicts at some time.
- All employees and leaders must cope with this challenge, and all will benefit from learning and applying the strategies in this course.
- Demonstrate a confident approach to difficult conversations, balancing emotions and rationale.
- Understand emotional triggers and how they affect behaviours.
- Demonstrate skill in the way they communicate.
- Apply techniques that lead to collaboration and build trust.
- Those who want to gain personal and professional success
- Understand what emotional intelligence means.
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related.
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them.
- Create a personal vision statement.
- Validate emotions in others.
Mastering the Art of Virtual Facilitation
- Facilitators starting out, as well as those experienced facilitators that want to improve their skill and techniques to lead engaging and interactive virtual sessions.
- Understand the core competencies to guide the facilitation experience virtually.
- Explore managing emotions and expectations for a successful session.
- Using the tools to bring out the best in a virtual facilitator.
- Feel confident and prepared..
- Supervisors who would like to improve their ability to facilitate successful meetings
- Distinguish facilitation from instruction and training.
- Identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation.
- Understand the difference between content and process.
- Identify the stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage.
- Use common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Leaders and team members who want to make a meaningful contribution to the workplace
- Apply problem solving steps and tools.
- Analyze information to clearly describe problems and identify solutions.
- Think creatively and be a contributing member of a problem solving team.
- Select the best approach for making decisions.
- Create a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions.
- Avoid common decision-making mistakes.
Business Writing That Works
- Those in a business environment who need to communicate through writing
- Learn the value of good written communication.
- Discover how to write and proofread your work so it is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
- Explore how to apply these skills in real world situations.
- Understand the proper format for memos, letters, and e-mails.
Writing Reports and Proposals
- Those who must write reports for a variety of purposes and would like to increase their efficiency
- Prepare reports and proposals that inform, persuade, and provide information.
- Present information in formal, informal, and proposal styles.
- Review your work so that it is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
- Apply these skills in real work applications.
Advanced Writing Skills
- Those who already are good writers
- Make your writing clear, complete, concise, and correct.
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development.
- Deal with specific business requests.
- Create effective business cases, proposals, and reports.
- Thoroughly document sources used in your writing.
Combine topics from different courses into one class by creating your own Custom Outline
With our Professional Business Development Training you can learn to...
- Work Efficiently
- Learn the most important elements of customer service.
- Build strong business and personal relationships.
- Learn key communication strategies.
- Work Effectively
- Present your ideas with clarity.
- Develop your facilitation skills.
- Apply effective problem-solving techniques.
- Work Brilliantly
- Create meaningful reports and proposals to convey your thoughts and ideas clearly.
- Develop powerful business writing skills.
- Enhance and utilize your own emotional intelligence.
- And More!
Professional Communication Skills Training That Gives You the EdgeSign up now for our Communication Skills courses to help you:
- Develop stronger business etiquette
- Understand key communication strategies
- Deal with difficult people and build stronger relationships in the workplace
- Learn the critical elements of customer service
- Enhance emotional intelligence
- Develop your facilitation skills
- Learn key presentation skills with PowerPoint, to get your ideas across effectively
- Improve creative team problem-solving
- Write reports and proposals that truly reach your audience
- Learn key advanced writing skills
- Recognize and develop professional business writing skills that work
- And so much more…
Why You Need ItGood communication skills are an essential technique in building relationships at work or in daily life. Enhance your communication skills dramatically by understanding some of the key concepts involved in effectively getting your ideas and suggestions across to achieve your intended results. Your learning these vital skills will help you improve your self-confidence, handle difficult situations more effectively and present your messages clearly and accurately.
- Have a hard time communicating with your supervisor or co-worker?
- Struggling to build self-confidence?
- Wish you could more clearly express yourself in a variety of different ways?
Available With These Courses
Your course comes with the following
Printed ManualA printed and bound paper manual for use during your class and future reference
Order the following add-ons for your session
Custom ManualPurchase the customization option and receive a custom manual with objectives you’ve selected from our different courses
How You’ll LearnIn private classes, or in groups, you’ll learn from experienced, friendly facilitators who know how to make you feel comfortable in your learning environment.
Private group classes provide a more cost effective way to train multiple participants in the same organization with the training optimized to focus on the topics you specifically need.
These classes can be conveniently delivered right at your location, saving you the trouble of travelling offsite.
Why You Should Learn With Us!The Great Canadian Training & Consulting Company is patient and reliable. We offer private training and consulting services to address your communication needs. We’ve got the experience and the passion to help you learn at your own pace and convenience. We can help you customize your course with very little difficulty and with very competitive pricing.
Contact us today to book your worry-free Communication Skills training. Working with us is easy!
Tailor or Customize Your CourseWe can also provide customized Business Development training to suit your specific requirements. You can customize your courses and outlines, and have us write a custom manual for you. We can build a course especially suited to you. Let us know what you want and we’ll work with you to develop the courses you’d like.
- Share details about your training needs so we can tailor your class
- Discuss your needs with one of our training coordinators
- Select the objectives you would like to focus on
- Order custom manuals