Live in-person instructors Always guaranteed to run Customizable objectives
Book Word TrainingAt The Great Canadian Training & Consulting Company our Word training classes come in 3 standard levels. Please see each course page for an outline of specific topics covered in each class as these can vary depending on the version of the software you use.
Click on a version below to see course objectives for that Level of our Microsoft Word training.
Level 1 (Basic)
- New users to Word
- Those who feel uncomfortable or overwhelmed trying to navigate in it
Level 2 (Intermediate)
- Users comfortable with the Level 1 topics
- Those comfortable with creating basic documents and looking for the skills to design something more advanced
Level 3 (Advanced)
- Users who are very comfortable in Word
- Those who want to go beyond what the average Word user can do
Creating Accessible Documents Using Word
Designed for: All users who wish to specifically create Word documentation that is clear and accessible to a wider audience, including those with visual, audial, or cognitive disabilities.
- All users of Microsoft Word
- Understand accessibility and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Use best practices to style and format text
- Apply simple and clear writing techniques
- Appreciate how colour and contrast, fonts, types, and ligatures impact accessibility
- Use alternative text and captions with images and objects
- Create accessible tables of contents and tables of figures
- Enable the DAISY reader snap-in
- And much more...
|No public classes are currently scheduled...
Click More Info to learn more, submit a question or request a private class.
Combine topics from different courses into one class by creating your own Custom Outline
With our Microsoft Word Training you can learn to...
- Work Efficiently
- Save time by using styles to quickly format documents
- Control text flow by putting yourself in charge of where and how Word breaks up lines, paragraphs, columns and pages
- Automate tasks or even create your own shortcuts with macros
- Work Effectively
- Format both text and page to suit your needs
- Use spelling and grammar checking to improve the accuracy of your documents
- Use Track Changes to share and manage your work across your organization
- Work Brilliantly
- Display information in meaningful ways through objects like tables, charts and SmartArt
- Utilize the power of Excel’s functions and features right within Word
- And More!
Professional Word Training
Sign up now for our Word courses to help you:
That Gives You the Edge
- Gain confidence on the job as you work in Word with more speed and accuracy
- Harness the powerful Mail Merge feature in Microsoft Word
- Speed up your work by learning how to use templates effectively
- Create truly useful reports using the Word table and charting tools
- Make your reports even clearer by connecting your Word documents to Excel
- And so much more…
Why You Need ItMicrosoft Word has become the tool of choice for all sorts of documentation. It contains many features that can help speed up your work, ensure its accuracy and make it eye-catching and pleasant to read. No matter what you already know about Word, there will always be something new to learn.
- Tired of spending hours trying to figure out how to use headers and footers, or section breaks?
- Have a hard time creating that perfect format for your newsletter or report?
- Wish Word could do more of your work automatically on your behalf? Learn how to insert Quick Parts to automate many aspects of creating your documents
Available With These CoursesOrder the following add-ons for your session
Printed ManualInstead of the PDF that comes with your course, purchase a printed paper manual for use during your class and future reference
Quick Reference CardsAdd reference cards to your session and receive durable, full-color reference cards with helpful hints and tips for use after your course is completed
Custom ManualPurchase the customization option and receive a custom manual with objectives you’ve selected from our different courses
How You’ll LearnOur Microsoft Word training can be delivered in private classes or in groups. Either way, you’ll learn from experienced friendly facilitators who know how to make you feel comfortable in your learning environment.
One-on-one Word tutoring provides the best student experience, allowing the trainer to work along with you in depth on your workflow and specific needs.
Private group Word classes provide a more cost effective way to train multiple students in the same organization with the training optimized to focus on the topics you specifically need.
These classes can be conveniently delivered right at your location, saving you the hassle of travelling offsite.
Why Learn With UsThe Great Canadian Training & Consulting Company is patient and reliable. We will help you find and use the features you need, allowing you to work more efficiently and painlessly. We offer Word training and consulting services to address your needs. Many people are unsure of how to fully utilize the power of Word, but we’ve got the experience and the passion to help you learn at your own speed and convenience. We can help you customize your course to your own needs, with very competitive pricing.
We care and we are there for you every step of the way. We go above and beyond to help guarantee your training success with our after-training support options as well.
Contact us today to book your worry-free Word training. Working with us is easy!
Tailor or Customize Your CourseWe can also provide customized training to suit your specific requirements, even using your own documents and templates if preferred. We can mix and match from our various outlines to provide a course especially suited to you. Let us know what you want and we’ll work with you to develop the course you’d like.
- Share details about your training needs so we can tailor your class
- Discuss your needs with one of our training coordinators
- Select the objectives you would like to focus on
- Select objectives from any of our courses to create a custom outline
- Submit files you would like to learn how to use during the class
- Order custom manuals